Judy Shepalo, Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) is based in Dundas Ontario and helps seniors across the Hamilton area with their relocation needs.
Why Choose Judy Shepalo as Your Real Estate Agent?
Judy’s first and only priority is helping her senior clients with the relocation needs. Buying, selling and retrofitting homes for seniors requires her unique experience and passion for understanding the needs, goals, hopes and fears of her senior clients to ensure the best outcome for them. Judy has achieved her Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) and Accredited Senior Agent (ASA) designations, and counsels clients age 50+ with the many lifestyle and financial issues involved in moving.
As a SRES/ASA, Judy has established a reliable and trusted support network and can provide you with information about:
- Programs and services that are available to help you stay in your own home longer
- What you should look for in an adult lifestyle community
- Life leases
- Reverse mortgages
- Different types of housing available in your community
- Universal design and how to adapt homes to fit changing needs
- Useful resources and information throughout the buying/selling process
- Other local community resources
Housing needs change at every stage of life. Often after retirement, the options become complex and confusing with current and future health and lifestyle needs to consider. Judy will answer your questions and help you determine best choices, working with your family members where appropriate. She can also refer you to her network of professionals for specialized services if financial planning, home renovation, home staging, mortgages, home inspection or legal advice is required.
Retirement Housing Options for Older Adults in Ontario
Staying in your own home or investigating a retirement community, or specialized housing are big decisions. Family members concerned about your safety can make your choices even more difficult. Common retirement housing options for older adults & seniors in Ontario include:
- Staying in your current home – Community resources & supports can help you to continue to live independently. Renovations, often minor and potentially able to be financed with a reverse mortgage, can make your environment safer. Judy can help you to explore these options if that is your goal
- Move in with family – Often enriching and stressful at the same time. Forgivable loans for relatives who want to create an in-law suite to accommodate you are available.
- Move to a smaller home – Downsizing your home doesn’t mean downsizing your life. Apartments, freehold homes, condos, co-ops, life lease arrangements, adult lifestyle communities and retirement villages, are all territory Judy can guide you through.
- Move to a retirement residence – Living independently or requiring regular assistance are options available at some retirement homes, care homes, assisted living facilities and retirement communities. Judy has worked in the field for many years and can help you understand pros and cons.
- Move to a long-term care home – Nursing care and personal support if your needs require it. Judy is familiar with the profit and non-profit facilities in your community.
Contact Judy today to discuss your unique interests, goals, wants and needs. (905) 517 6494 firstname.lastname@example.org